Yes, EVERY primary teacher has a VERY FAVOURITE maths resource that they rely on, that their students love, that makes maths teaching thoroughly enjoyable.
Maybe it only lasts one lesson!
Or, maybe it lasts a week.
Or a month.
But, whatever, IT WORKS!
What is YOUR very favourite lesson topic, approach, gimmick?
Tell us about it so we can share it with others.
Meanwhile, if your looking for a totally NEW, up-to-date approach to maths, you should look no further than our EdShop maths worded problem worksheets. They’re Aussie, they’re fun, and the students LOVE them. Visit our website at http://www.Edshop.net.au for a freebie of two!
Oh, but don’t forget to tell us about your fantastic maths idea! We’ll ALL benefit!
What primary teacher can resist a ready-made maths thingo to get the students involved?
Something that’ll be EASY to copy and use, but that the students will LOVE?
Well, in our worksheets this week we’ve covered the following:
- The new Scrabble words allowed — including “cakehole” (the kids will LOVE that word!);
- The New Zealand Government’s new taxes for arriving and leaving NZ;
- Singer Beyoncé’s messing with champagne in the spa;
- The world shortage of bees;
- Melbourne Victory’s great soccer success;
- Andy Griffiths winning the Australian Book of the Year Award;
- The Salvation Army’s May Appeal;
- The Freddo Frog Shrinkage Problem;
- Peppa Pig’s carpet shampooing needs;
- And so much more!
Why should maths questions be out-of-date, irrelevant, or just plain boring?
INTERESTING MATHS QUESTIONS? BRING ‘EM ON!!